Instantbird 1.4 was already available in 14 languages, thanks to the contributions from our translators around the world, and we look forward to see this number grow with your help!
Instantbird runs on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux platforms.
Please see the minimum system requirements needed to run Instantbird.
|Language||Version||Windows||Mac OS X||Linux|
As Instantbird is an open source project, you can freely download the source code and modify it.
- The log viewer now groups your conversations by date.
- Twitter improvements
- The character counter for Twitter has been improved to take into account automatic link shortening, allowing you to easily tweet links without worrying about their length!
- Updated to the Twitter API v1.1, note that Instantbird 1.3 may stop working with Twitter on June 11th, 2013!
- Twitter now includes everyone you follow as a participant in your timeline.
- IRC authentication works better with bouncers (e.g. ZNC).
- You can now easily override self-signed/invalid/out-of-date certificates for IRC servers.
- Each account now keeps debug logs which can be accessed by right clicking on the account in the Account Manager and choosing "Copy Debug Logs", these contain essential information for developers to diagnose user issues. (Note that debug logs MAY contain sensitive information.)
- Under the Hood
- Updated: Instantbird 1.4 is based on Mozilla 20.0.1 and uses libpurple 2.10.7!
- Mac OS X < 10.6 is no longer supported, please upgrade your operating system or continue using Instantbird 1.3.
- And more... read the full ChangeLog for details of all code changes since Instantbird 1.3.
You can access the archives to download the older versions of Instantbird.